Family & Spousal Sponsorship

Family & Spousal Sponsorship

Family reunification is one of the most important pillars of Canadian immigration. Many Canadian citizens and permanent residents have loved ones abroad that they wish they could bring to Canada. You can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents. After becoming permanent residents, they can live, study and work in Canada. 

The Canadian government offers a number of ways to allow this dream to become a reality under its Family Class Sponsorship class. The relationships that are eligible for Family Class Sponsorship include spouses and common-law partners, dependent children and parents and grandparents.

Spouses & Common-Law Partners

Under this category an eligible citizen or a permanent resident of Canada can sponsor their spouse, common-law or conjugal partner. The difference in applying for a common-law sponsorship compared to a conjugal sponsorship is that you must show that you have been living together for at least one year. If you’re sponsoring your spouse or common-law partner, they must live with you in Canada. They also may be eligible for an open work permit. To be eligible for a permanent residency the applicant must be at least 18 years old and the relationship must be genuine. If under any circumstances if it is proved that they entered the relationship only for the purpose of attaining a permanent resident status in Canada, the application may be rejected.

You can apply for Spousal Sponsorship with either an inland or outland application. An inland application is when the couple is together in Canada and an outland application is when the sponsored partner is living outside of Canada. There are certain benefits and drawbacks from either way. We can assist you in choosing an option that best suits your needs.

Dependent Child Sponsorship

A dependent child is someone who depends on their parent for financial or other support. To sponsor a dependent child, they must be:

A complete set of applications must be filed for each dependent child.

Parents & Grandparent Family Class & Super Visa

You can sponsor through the Parent and Grandparent sponsorship program (PGP) or the Super Visa Program. With the super visa parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years and it can remain valid for up to 10 years.

How We Help

With over two decades of experience, CD Immigration can help you reunite with your loved ones. The experts at CD Immigration will help determine whether you are eligible for this program and will guide you through every step of the process. We will help you prepare and submit all of the required documents to avoid errors and reduce risks that can hinder the immigration process.

Contact CD Immigration today for more details about the Family and Spousal Sponsorship program and how we can be of assistance.

Over 25 Years of Experience

Contact Information

Call us

+ 1-647 855-2112

Send email

Working hours

Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Schedule a Free Consultation

Contact us today for expert immigration advice tailored to your individual needs.